We are now accepting submissions!
The Philippine Association of Speech Pathologists (PASP) is now accepting abstracts for poster and oral presentations for its 2nd National Convention on July 21-22, 2018. Local and international authors are strongly encouraged to submit abstracts relevant to the topic areas suggested. A review panel will evaluate all abstract submissions. All accepted papers will be published in the convention booklet and posted on this website.
Deadline for submissions: EXTENDED!! MAY 1, 2018 (11:59 PM Philippine Standard Time)
Notice of Acceptance: on or before May 15, 2018
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
READ GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
OBJECTIVES OF THE PAPER and/or POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- To share relevant data derived from research and facilitate utilization of research output
- To inspire and encourage research involvement
- To develop an appreciation of the research process and the value of evidence-based practice
- To provide a venue for networking and resource sharing among researchers and/or practitioners with common interests
- To exchange knowledge relevant to both the local and global practice setting
- To give authors an opportunity to receive feedback and/or input regarding their research, so as to support them in their research effort
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
- Authors who submit their work should agree to:
- Register in the PASP Convention
- Comply with deadlines stated in the acceptance notice
- To disclose all potential conflict/s of interest (i.e. any relevant financial and nonfinancial relationships) that influences the content of the presentation. Refusal to disclose such information would result to disqualification from speaking.
- Allow PASP to record, archive, reproduce and disseminate written or visual materials used in the oral or poster presentation (e.g. presentation handouts, e-copy of the poster).
- Abide by the guidelines for authorship as discussed in recommendations of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE)
- Avoid covertly or overtly advertising, soliciting, or selling their products/materials at the convention unless otherwise approved by PASP
- Comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and protect the confidentiality and privacy of the clients/patients by removing all possible identifying information (e.g. name, address, photographs, etc). Photographs and/or video recordings of clients may be shown only when clients have been informed of the purpose of the recording and have provided appropriate consent.
- Allow PASP to photograph you and publish the photograph(s) in the convention webpage.
- Prospective authors must select a topic area that best reflects the focus of their research. This will allow the Scientific Committee to assign the appropriate topic reviewers to evaluate the papers submitted. If the submitting author thinks that the research falls under more than one topic area, he/she must select only the topic area which is the primary focus of the research. The Scientific Committee may re-classify a submission to a different topic area if deemed more appropriate.
- The following topic areas are included in the convention:
- Aphasia and other neurogenic communication disorders
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- Ethical practice in SLP
- Evidence-based practice and research in SLP
- Fluency and fluency disorders
- Hearing impairment and auditory processing
- Interprofessional practice and education
- Language and learning in school-age children and adolescents
- Language in infants, toddlers, preschool children
- Service delivery models and innovation
- Speech language pathology education
- Speech sound disorders
- Swallowing, feeding, and dysphagia (pediatric and adult)
- Voice and voice disorders
- TOPICS RELATED TO SLP OTHER THAN THE ABOVE