PASP is planning to bring the Hanen Program "More Than Words" to the Philippines! However, we need to determine if we can reach the target number of 14-16 participants.
For those who are interested, kindly register through the form provided. We would appreciate it if those who would register are at least 95% certain that they would like to attend this workshop to help us finalize our decision. Thank you.
Kindly express interest until July 31, 2017. We will be announcing if this workshop will push through after this.
* Workshop is open to all SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS from accredited programs
WORKSHOP FEE: 1,200 USD (for PASP member)
1,275 USD (for non-PASP members)
TARGET DATE: NOVEMBER, 2017 (3-day workshop)
VENUE: WITHIN METRO MANILA (to be finalized)
Description of the workshop:
The More Than Words workshop certifies you to lead More Than Words -- The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children on the Autism Spectrum, a family-centered, social–pragmatic intervention program for parents of young children with ASD. Its goal is to build capacity in parents so they can play a primary role in facilitating their child’s social, communication, and vocabulary development.
In leading the More Than Words Program, the Hanen Certified SLP helps parents:
- Identify their child’s social communication skills and stage of communication
- Use the above information to set realistic and appropriate communication goals collaboratively with the SLP
- Use everyday routines and play activities as contexts for building the child’s social and communication skills
- Structure the child’s environment to increase his motivation and opportunities to communicate
- Facilitate the development of social communication, including joint attention, within pleasurable, extended interactions
- Facilitate the development of imitation
- Use visual aids and print to build the child’s understanding
- Fine-tune their language input to foster expressive and receptive language development
- Facilitate their child’s play skills
- Help their child make friends
To read about the research and empirical evidence behind More Than Words, please visit their website at: http://www.hanen.org/Professional-Development/Workshops-For-SLPs/More-Than-Words.aspx