This seminar is intended for parents of Cebu City children with special needs and would cover the following:
1. Discuss interventions and management approaches after a diagnosis for communication delays and disorders has been given
2. Provide discussions for parents regarding their children's journey after being diagnosed:
a. My child was diagnosed to have special needs, what's next? (Dr. Steven Seno)
b. Communication skills and concerns: the early years (Ma. Rowena Ynion, MAEd, CSP-PASP)
c. Communication skills and concerns: the pre-teen and teenage years (Suselyn Pascual, MRS-SP, CSP-PASP)
3. Empower parents to take part in intervention and management after a diagnosis is given
4. Give parents an overview of what to expect and the areas to focus on when intervention or therapy starts.
5. Discuss children's communication skills from birth to adolescence and relate it to when they start to receive intervention.
6. Discuss about carryover of therapy goals at home, monitoring of progress, and highlight the importance of family involvement in the intervention process.