UNITED NETWORK OF
EXEMPLARY SLP SERVICES
The PASP UNITES Accreditation Project aims to encourage and inspire institutions/organizations to provide speech-language pathology (SLP) services that are safe, effective, and of the highest quality and value. By evaluating institutions, PASP UNITES aims to:
- Recognize and promote institutions with qualified and competent SLP staff;
- Ensure that clients receive SLP services only from legitimate and appropriately-trained SLPs;
- Certify institutions that meet established standards of practice and existing government regulations;
- Provide a way for accredited institutions to attract or recruit qualified SLPs and market their services to clients
Once you receive the PASP UNITES accreditation, PASP will publicly promote you through the PASP Directory of Accredited Institutions. Through this directory, potential clients, potential SLP staff, and other interested parties will have an avenue to reach you. Your official entry in the directory will contain the following:
Your institution’s name, address, and contact information;
Your institution’s logo;
The services being offered in your institution;
The client population being served;
The link to the institution’s website/Facebook page (if applicable); and
Other relevant information that you prefer to be included
You will likewise have the following benefits:
- Inclusion in the PASP mailing list, to receive prioritized notifications for announcements, events, continuing education activities, and other matters pertinent to the institution
- Avail discounted rates in PASP events for the institution’s speech pathologists, other therapists/specialists, and clients (for applicable activities)
- Issuance of a Certificate of Accreditation from PASP.
An institution that wants to become accredited with PASP UNITES must:
- Be a legally-registered and compliant entity;
- Be operational for a minimum of one year upon application; and
- Have a roster of SPs who are all under any of the PASP membership classifications
Interested applicants must first accomplish a Letter of Intent (LOI) with the following details:
- Name of institution
- Mission, vision, and goals of the institution
- Why the institution intends to be PASP UNITES-accredited
The LOI must likewise contain the following signatories:
- Yours: SLP Department Head
- Noted by: Clinic/Institution Owner/President/Medical Director
Once the LOI has been accomplished, scan the letter with the complete signatories and save it in a .PDF format with the following file name: “UNITESApplication_NameOfInstitution_LOI” (e.g. UNITESApplication_ABC Therapy_LOI)
Send an email to email@example.com to signify intent, with the subject “UNITES Application – [Name of Institution Applying]” (e.g. “UNITES Application – ABC Therapy”). Attach the LOI.
Once intent email is received, the applicant shall receive an e-mail response from the UNITES Accreditation Board providing the link for the online application form. This form should only be accomplished by the HEAD of the SLP Department of the institution. In the form, the applicant is to upload the following documents:
Your institution’s SEC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE/DTI BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION*;
Your institution’s latest BUSINESS PERMIT*;
Proof of eligibility to practice/certificates for EACH SLP providing specialised services (e.g. PROMPT, Bobath, AVT, etc.)
Proof of payment/deposit slip for the application processing fee**
- BRACKET 1: PhP 1,500 for institutions with 1-5 SPs in the institution
- BRACKET 2: PhP 3,000 for institutions with 6-10 SPs in the institution
- BRACKET 3: PhP 5,000 for institutions with 11 or more SPs in the institution
Image of the Wall of Credentials in your institution where you display all the certifications, diplomas, or other relevant credentials for EACH SLP providing services in your institution.
*Established institutions (i.e. government hospitals, private tertiary hospitals, universities, etc.) are not required to submit SEC Registration/ & Business Permits.
**Application processing fees are intended to cover for the following:
- Spot checking / visiting and assessing the site (40% of the application fees) – This includes the costs for the transportation, honoraria for the evaluators, and other logistical costs. Conducting spot checking or site visits are part of the PASP UNITES Accreditation process as a way of determining if clinics are maintaining their compliance with the terms/requirements set.
- Marketing and website fee (30% of the application fees) – This includes the costs related to keeping and updating the clinic’s marketing or information materials in the PASP website and in the Directory of Accredited Centers. This directory is visible to the general public, and as such serves as a way for accredited centers to advertise their services. The website needs to be updated every accreditation cycle.
- Administration Fee (30% of the application fees) – The administration fee would cover the costs incurred by PASP for reviewing the credentials/requirements submitted by institutions (e.g. verifying the membership status of SLP staff in PASP).
For institutions with multiple branches, please note that EACH branch is required to pay the corresponding application processing fee.
Please also make sure that ALL the SLPs practicing in your institution are either Graduate Members or Certified Regular Members of PASP. Only institutions with PASP-recognised SLPs are eligible to apply for PASP Unites.
Applicant shall accomplish the online application form, and once submitted, would receive a confirmation email providing the APPLICATION NUMBER. This number will be used as basis for slot in the accreditation process. First come, first served. Application will run from FEBRUARY to MARCH of every year.
Application shall then undergo review by the UNITES Accreditation Board from APRIL to MAY of every year. Results would be released on the first week of JUNE every year. Applicants will be notified via e-mail of the results of the review.
Throughout the year of your accreditation, a member of the PASP UNITES Accreditation board may perform spot checking to visit your center and monitor your compliance with the terms set in your accreditation. You may likewise be asked to send via courier the Certified True Copies of the application requirements you sent.
VALIDITY, APPEALS, APPLICATION CYCLE
UNITES Accreditation shall be valid for one (1) year upon approval. This will be from June of the year of approval to June of the following year. This duration will be reflected in the issued certification.
Appeals for denied applications must be submitted to the Accreditation Board five (5) working days after issuance of the decision.
Applications for UNITES shall follow a yearly cycle (Every February).
PASP and the UNITES Accreditation Board have the right to revoke accreditation, following investigation and confirmation of a violation in its terms.
As we value your time and convenience, PASP UNITES Accreditation can be paid through bank deposit, online bank transfer, or via PayPal. PayPal is one of the most accessible and secure payment gateways available. With PayPal, we can accept more payment types from people all over the country.
Below are the payment options you can choose from:
Bank Deposit / Online Bank Transfer
Bank Name: Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
Account Name: Philippine Association of Speech Pathologists, Inc.
Account Type: Current Account (CA)
Account Number: 0271-0389-09
As our association keeps up with the changing times, we will continue to explore emerging technologies and ways to improve the way we serve you.