An International member is a foreign-trained Speech Pathology professional who wants to practice the profession of Speech Pathology here in the Philippines or a locally trained Speech Pathology professional who is practicing abroad. The member is a graduate of BS Speech Pathology and has secured the Speech Pathology certification or licensure from professional organizations outside the Philippines.
The applicant can submit his/her application even before completing the requirements set below. However, certification will only be given after all requirements have been met. During such time, the applicant can opt to be a Graduate Member until the certification is awarded.
- He/she should be a graduate of BS Speech Pathology or BS Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university.
- He/she should have been practicing the profession of Speech Pathology for at least 6 months supported by Certificates of Receipt Services and Clinical and Alternative Work Profile documents from organizations he/she works in.
The following are the benefits the PASP International Member will enjoy:
- Member access to our official PASP website
- Receive alerts on upcoming events, training and seminars sponsored by the association
- Discounts on Seminars and Training sponsored by the association
- Exclusive access to latest version of the Standards of Practice and Constitution of the association
- Access to industry leading journals, books and other technical publications
- Profile will be included in the official directory of Speech Pathologists, searchable by anyone, anywhere
- Receive email reminders on dues and events
- Easy tracking of payments, subscriptions and donations made
- Receive regular news and updates on the Speech Pathology profession
- PASP Identification Card
- Free subscription to a wide variety of technical forums of your choice
The following are the required documents necessary for the application of International Member:
- Accomplished Application Form
- Scanned copy of Diplomas received (college and post-graduate)
- Scanned copy of deposit slip with your name on it, if paid through bank
- Accomplished PASP Certificate of Receipt of Services.pdf covering at least six (6) months of work and signed by the authorized personnel in the organization in which the applicant works for. (Click on the link to download the document.)
- Accomplished PASP Clinical and Alternative Work Profile.pdf for those who provide home services, work in the academe or engage in a non-clinical but related to Speech Pathology practice. (Click on the link to download the document.)
Kindly put all scanned copies and accomplished documents in a folder, compress it, and email to PASP.Membership@gmail.com. Name the folder with this format <yourLastName.yourFirstName>.zip.
Application fee for International Member is Php 1,500 and renewable every year.
Renewal fee will also be Pho 1,500. Renewal due date falls on the date the certification was awarded.
There are two (2) ways to pay your fees:
Bank Name: Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
Account Name: Philippine Association of Speech Pathologists, Inc.
Account Type: Current Account (CA)
Account Number: 0271-0389-09
Or via Paypal.
- Click on Join Us, choose International Membership Level and accomplish the application form
- Pay the application fee either through Bank Deposit or via Paypal. (Please read Fees)
- Submit the following required documents (Please see Required Documents.)
- Processing of Application will commence after receiving all documents and payment.
- Processing may take a couple of days to a week depending on the extent of information to be verified.
- Email receipt will be sent confirming the approval of the application.
- Official Receipt will likewise be given or sent via courier
For renewal of International Membership, the member:
- needs to pay for the renewal fee on or before its due date.
- needs to submit another PASP Certificate of Receipt of Services.pdf and/or PASP Clinical and Alternative Work Profile.pdf if the member has transferred to a new clinic or organization
- needs to submit a scanned copy of certificate for one (1) continuing education activity (seminars, workshops, conferences etc. related to the profession). The certificate should be within one year from the date of application.